Extraordinary home health care at affordable rates
At By Your Side Home Care, we understand that peace-of-mind is everything. Giving families the opportunity to remain safe and independent in their own homes while receiving the elder care they need is our mission. We invite you to contact us for a free, no obligation, in-home consultation.
Partnership in care
Since 1994, By Your Side Home Care has helped thousands of Lancaster and York County clients remain comfortable, safe, and independent at home. Providing affordable in-home care for seniors, individuals with disabilities, and post hospital patients is what By Your Side Home Care is all about!
Available from 2 to 24 hours a day, from 1-7 days a week, professional caregivers assist with supportive hands on personal care, homemaking services, transportation, and companionship. (See care options)
Our experienced, professional staff are readily available to assist you throughout the care process. At the outset of care, you will be assigned a personal placement coordinator who will carefully listen to your needs and match the precise caregiver who will best fit the level of care you are requesting. After a caregiver is referred, we maintain regular contact with you to ensure your ongoing satisfaction. We provide the coverage you need when your regular caregiver schedules time off, or your care needs change. 24-hour emergency assistance is also provided when the unexpected occurs. Follow-up home visits to evaluate any changes in your service needs are also part of our protocol.
By Your Side recognizes that our reputation is built on the quality of the caregivers we refer. That is why we employ the most rigorous screening methods in the industry. Only 1 out of ten caregivers meet our standards for referral.
Our comprehensive screening includes:
- Initial phone screen
- In-person, in-depth, and behavior-based interview
- Comprehensive skills assessment testing
- Initial FBI and PA criminal background checks
- Subsequent criminal background checks every two years
- Drug screening
- Annual health screenings
- Minimum of four references checked
At By Your Side our clients remain in control. If you are not satisfied with any referred caregiver, for any reason, we will make every effort to refer a new caregiver who better fits your needs. Your satisfaction is always our top priority.
of survey results rank our services “very good to outstanding”
hours of service to Lancaster and York County residents
Typical yearly savings for a consumer receiving 8 hours of care/day, seven days a week.
lower than our local competitor’s typical rates.
The By Your Side difference
- Our highest number of client referrals come from current and past clients.
- By Your Side’s screening process exceeds the licensing standards set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- We are highly selective regarding the caregivers we refer for care. Only 1 out of 10 registrants meet our standards for referral.
- By Your Side assures 100% client satisfaction of the caregivers referred to provide care.
- We maintain a registry of over 180 highly qualified and experienced caregivers.
- By Your Side maintains 24-hour call support 7 days per week for all clients and caregivers.
By Your Side maintains extremely low overhead to ensure our commitment to affordable care for you. Typical rates are normally 21%–38% lower than our local competitors.
- Our office is insured with both Business and Professional Liability Insurance.
- We work with a third party billing service to manage clients’ private insurance claims.
- By Your Side is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Members of The Pennsylvania Home Care Association, Better Business Bureau, Lancaster Chamber of Commerce, and The Private Care Association.